Only a couple more days left to get the Consuming Shadow special bundle for the reduced price! In the meantime, we've released an updated version of the game that fixes a couple of major issues that have been reported by users. Thanks to everyone who took the time to let us know about them.
Fixes for version 1.1:
- Fixed game not deleting save files for some users. This was a rare one that might have been related to players using older or non-English language versions of Windows, in which the game was happy to write save files but not delete them, so whenever you tried to start a new game it'd load the end of the previous one. The game has been reprogrammed to overwrite saves rather than delete them, which should fix the issue.
- Fixed the crash caused by the 'northdoor' variable in dungeons. A lot of people have reported this one, it was caused by a specific random sanity effect trying to activate in a dungeon entrance. All fixed now.
- Fixed town jobs disappearing when a subsequent text message is ignored
- Fixed a rare crash on the encounter screen caused by 'rewitem' variable
- Fixed an error in which equipment quests would show the item being owned when it isn't
- Fixed saving hostages not being acknowledged in the end text of some dungeons
- Fixed being able to interrupt the final ritual by interacting with the rune cluster
- Fixed some typos
Please re-download the game from Humble Store to ensure you have the best possible experience with Consuming Shadow. The version on Mac App store will be updated soon as well.
Just to answer a couple of frequently asked questions, yes, we will be giving out Steam keys to anyone who buys the Humble Store version, when/if we get cleared by Steam Greenlight. And yes, we will be adding Steam achievements at that stage.
On that note, thanks to everyone who's been supporting the game on Steam Greenlight. And it's also been heartening to see the player-created support and resources appear quite unbidden by us, some of which I thought I'd boost a little here, since it's nice to have places to exchange knowledge.
The GoG wishlist page
Thanks to anubisgod6 for creating an entry for us on the GoG wishlist. If you'd like to see the game available on GoG, you know what to do.
The Consuming Shadow subreddit
The Consuming Shadow wiki
Could use a bit of fleshing out, this one